Submit Your Topics and Ideas for 2021 ALGA Annual Conference
The 2021 ALGA Conference Committee is looking for speakers to present at our next conference on May 2-5, 2021. For the first time ALGA will be offering a hybrid in-person / virtual event. The The Westin Downtown in Seattle, Washington will be the in-person venue while other members will be able to join virtually from anywhere. We are planning to include both virtual and in-person speakers to make this a truly hybrid experience. Keep reading to get:
- Information about good presentation topics
- Learn how the committee will selection sessions
- Find out what you’ll need to complete the proposal form
- Links to proposal forms
We are looking for ideas and presenters for general and concurrent sessions, and pre- and post-conference workshops.
What presentation topics are of interest?
Subjects that interest members include:
- Analytical tools
- Communications and Writing
- Fraud and Investigation
- Changing Audit Environment
- Risk Assessments
- Audit Operations
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- New Auditors
- Technology Topics
Your suggestions do NOT have to fit within these areas. We encourage you to propose your engaging, unique, and creative ideas as well as your innovative presentation approaches.
We would like to offer a FAST (For Auditors Short on Time) presentation format as it was a lot of fun in prior years. If you have suggestions for an appropriate topic or would like to participate, please complete the proposal form. We will give you all the support you need to make it FAST!
How will proposals be selected for conference presentation?
Some of the things we will consider when reviewing presentation proposals and ideas include:
- A mix of virtual and in-person speakers
- Compelling topics with direct relevance to the ALGA audience
- Speaker knowledge and understanding of the topic
- Public speaking strength
- Actionable audit tools and techniques
- Innovative presentation approaches that focus on interactivity or employ other key elements of effective adult learning
- Topics that respond to member interest (please do not limit yourself to the subject areas mentioned above!)
- Diversity of presenters
What are the components of the presentation proposal form?
Propose topic idea or volunteer to be a speaker using our online form. The form includes the following fields:
- Your name;
- Your email;
- Your organization;
- Your title;
- Are you suggesting a topic or volunteering to be a presenter;
- Possible Conference Topic and Relevant subtopics;
- Possible Speakers - Include any individuals that you think could present on your topic, if you are suggestion an idea or any individuals that should be included on the panel discussion;
- Should this be a panel discussion;
- What type of session does this topic warrant;
- Could this be a virtual session?
Submit an Idea!