The Conference Committee would like to make you aware of several items as you begin to plan your trip to the ALGA Conference in Kansas City, MO on May 6 and 7, 2019.
ALGA’s Annual Conference – including the pre and post conference workshops – provides many opportunities to increase your knowledge
- The Annual Conference on May 6 and 7, 2019, will provide 14 hours of government related CPE. We are excited to offer more concurrent sessions, a DEI focused FAST general session, a GAO standards update, and more round tables.
- Earn up to an additional 16 hours of CPE by attending pre conference and post conference workshops on Sunday May 5, 2019 and Wednesday May 8, 2019. Both four and eight-hour sessions are offered. The four-hour sessions are scheduled so you can mix and match topics to meet your learning needs and earn a full day of CPE.
- The conference brochure will be distributed in late January. Registration will open at the same time.
Providing networking and professional development opportunities continue to be a conference focus
- The committee is planning new opportunities for both first time and returning attendees to expand your network of professional contacts and help you make new friends.
- Consider volunteering to be a concurrent session moderator when you register for the conference. There are more than 20 moderator slots to fill.
Plan to spend time before or after the conference exploring the Kansas City area
- The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center is conveniently located near Union Station (consider traveling to KC via train), the National World War I Museum (site of the Monday night event), and the KC Streetcar Line.
- Check out Visit KC (https://www.visitkc.com/) for information on things to do.
- Auditors from the Kansas City area are developing a comprehensive list of must-see sights (including museums, fountains, and barbeque) and transportation options that will be distributed before the conference.
The conference room block is open for reservations at the prevailing government rate of $125. Cut-off is April 10, 2019. The conference rate is available for the extended period of April 30 to May 11, 2019.
Conference registration and workshop fees remain the same –
- Conference registration - $525 early registration (before February 15), and $575 full registration.
- Four-hour workshop - $150. A morning workshop includes breakfast; an afternoon workshop includes lunch.
- Eight-hour workshop - $300. Includes both breakfast and lunch.
We look forward to seeing you in Kansas City in May!
Pam Weipert, 2019 Conference Committee Chair